BEST DOCTORS IN NIGERIA
Dr. Celsus Ukelina Undieis currentlyaconsultant urologist in charge of minimal access urological surgery including Laser Lithotripsy for Kidney Sones, Holmium Laser Enucleation of the Prostate (HoLEP), other Minimally Invasive surgeries in Kelina Hospital, 3rd Avenue, Gwarinpa, Abuja.
Univeristy of Nigeria Medical School
MBBS, Medicine · (1984 - 1990)
Fellow of the West African College of Surgeons
Former Executive Committee Member of the Nigerian Association of Urological Surgeons.
Member, Endourology Society
Member, American Urological Association
Member, the Societe Internationale d’Urologie (SIU).
Member, European Urology Association.
Minimal Access Surgery
Laser Lithotripsy for kidney stones
Holmium Laser Enucleation of the Prostate (HOLeP)
Green Light Laser Vaporization of the Prostate
· Kelina Hospital, Abuja. Consultant Urological Surgeon and Medical Director, Kelina Hospital. August 2016 - Present (6 years 4 months), Abuja
· National Hospital, Abuja, Nigeria. Consultant Urologist and Head of Urology December 2005 - July 2016 (10 years 8 months) General Urology. Head of Urology.
· St Charles Borromeo Hospital, Onitsha, Nigeria Chief Surgeon April 1999 - December 2005 (6 years 9 months) Onitsha, Nigeria
1. Male Genital Injuries Caused by Ritual Attacks in Nigeria: Problems of Management
African Journals Online
2. A Case Report of a 25 kg Extraovarian “Chocolate cyst” Attached by a Peduncle to the Uterine Fundus Int J Case Rep Images
3. Composition of Uroliths seen in Patients in Abuja, Nigeria; A Single-Centre Retrospective Analysis of 155 Stones -African Journal of Urology
4. Initial Experience with Holmium Laser Enucleation of the Prostate in a Urology Specialist Hospital in Nigeria - African Journal of Urology
Gynecologist & Obstetrician
Dr. Ngozi Stellamaris is a consultant of repute. She is specialized in Gynecological & Obstetric Care & Surgeries - Cesarean Sections, Myomectomy, Polypectomy, Ovarian Cystectomy, Hysterectomy, Management of the infertile couple, Intra-uterine insemination, In- vitro fertilization with own and donor cycles, Embryo freezing, Sperm Donation..Sperm Retrieval testicular surgeries, Gynecological Endoscopy, Family Planning, Antenatal & Postnatal Care.
1. January 2003 - January 2004 : Housemanship at the University College Hospital, Ibadan. Rotations through major departments: internal medicine, paediatrics, obstetrics and gynaecology, and General and Speciality surgery ensured exposure to varied cases in these specialties and their different lines of management. Acquisition of skills in intravenous fluid setting, venopuncture, suturing, emergency medicine and care of trauma patients. Case presentations, seminars, and workshop.
2. February 2004 – February 2005: National Youth Service Corps (NYSC)
Corper doctor serving my country providing health care at orientation camp site, hospital of primary assignment (General Out-patients’ Department, University College Hospital, Ibadan) and at the NYSC secretariat clinic. Scope included treatment of common tropical ailments, management of trauma cases, chronic diseases such as hypertension and diabetes, identification and referral of selected cases, initial management of pregnant women before subsequent referral to the obstetricians, exposure to varied cases and academic health discussions. My interest in the conduct of clinical research began at this point.
3. May 2005 – July 2005: Medical Officer, Subol Memorial Maternity Hospital, Idimu Lagos. Antenatal, intrapartum and postpartum care.
4. February 2006 – November 2008: Junior residency in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University College Hospital, Ibadan, Nigeria. Orientation in gynaecological and obstetric cases, Strengthening of skills in history taking and examination, performing minor surgical operations like manual vacuum aspiration, suction evacuation, cervical and endometrial biopsies, cervical cerclage, vacuum and forceps delivery, assisted breech delivery, delivery of multiple gestations, cervical ripening and induction of labour, partographic monitoring of patients in labour ,emergency caesarean sections, control of obstetric haemorrhage using the anti-shock garment, oxytocics, misoprostol, segmental devascularisation and the B-lynch technique etc. This period ended with conduct of two researches under the guidance of a supervisor and part 1 examinations which were successful in both West Africa and National Colleges making me a specialist in the field of obstetrics and gynaecology and conferring on me associate fellow of the National College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
5. December 2008 – April 2011: Senior Residency. Strengthening of surgical skills in advanced gynaecological and obstetric surgeries, diagnostic and therapeutic laparoscopy, Capacity building in the field of research, proposal writing, and development of presentation skills.
6. Specialization in urogynaecology (2011) Final station in the urogynaecological and genitourinary unit. Learning repair of obstetric fistulas. Visiting fistula surgeon within this period to fistula centers such as The Fistula Center Ebonyi State Nigeria where repair of vessicovaginal and rectovaginal fistulae were done. Research work in the area of obstetric fistula, non-fistulous incontinence among Nigerian women.
7. Advance Training in Gynecological Ultrasound @St Gregrory Ultrasound Centre by Dr Marinho’s Consultant Gynecologic Sonolologist @Ibadan Nigeria. Exposure to Obstetric Uitrasound Scan viz Dating scan, growth scan, anomaly scan, placental abnormalities like abruptio placenta, succcenturiate placenta etc. Gynecological scans covering all forms of diagnosis, polycystic ovarian disease, ectopic gestation, endometrial hyperplasia, ovarian tumours, septate uterus, uterine didelphys etc and transvaginal scan
8. Sub-Specialization in Minimal Access Surgery: Structured indepth-hands on training in diagnostic and operative laparoscopy and hysteroscopy(January-February 2012):Training on gynaecological procedures such as Laparoscopic Sterilization, Management of Ovarian Cyst, Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Myomectomy, Management of Tubal Pregnancy, Laparoscopic Management of Stress Incontinence, Laparoscopic Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy, Laparoscopic Total Hysterectomy, Supracervical Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, Laparoscopic Re-canalization Surgery, Diagnostic Hysteroscopy, Operative Hysteroscopy for Submucous Myoma, Operative Hysteroscopy for Septate Uterus (Metroplasty)Laparoscopic Radical Hysterectomy, Laparoscopic Lymphadenectomy, Laparoscopic Sacrocolpopexy, Laparoscopic Management Of Complicated Endometriosis, TVT, TOT, Pelvic Floor Reconstruction, Robotics (Principles Only).
9. Exposure & Sub-specialization In Fertility Medicine: Bridge Clinic Lagos:(May 2014 – January 2015): Appointed as a consultant gynaecologist. Exposures include evaluation of the infertile patient for IVF, follicular tracking, egg collection, embryo transfer.
10. EKO Hospitals Ikeja Lagos: (February 2011- April 2014) Appointed as a consultant gynaecologist. Conduct of surgeries like Abdominal Myomectomy, Abdominal hysterectomy, vaginal hysterectomy and difficult caesarean sections. Co-ordination of the antenatal, gynaecological and postnatal clinics. Bedside teachings, tutorials and supervision of students for postgraduate medical examinations.
11. St Leo’s Hospital Ikeja Lagos: (February 2015 – February 2018)Appointed as a consultant gynecologist and head of unit and Assistant Chief Medical Director Conduct of surgeries like Abdominal Myomectomy, Abdominal hysterectomy, vaginal hysterectomy and difficult caesarean sections. Co-ordination of the antenatal, gynaecological and post-natal clinics- Co-ordination of the Medical Team
12. Ikeja Medical Centre Lagos ------------------ Consultant Gynecologist till date. And Head of Private Unit – Gynecology : Activities Include
- Management of Complicated Gynecological & Obstetric Cases and Gynecological and Obstetric Surgeries
- Management of the Fertility Clinic: Management of all Male & Female In Fertility Cases, Investigation of the Infertile Couple & Assessment for Appropriate Fertility Options, Fertility Scans, Sperm Preparation, Analysis, Sperm Banking & Sperm Donation Programs. Ovarian Stimulation, Egg Collection, Embryo Transfer & Embryo Freezing Programs. Intrauterine Insemination, In-vitro fertilization, Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI), Ovum Donor Programs & Surrogacy. Management of OHSS, PCOS, Endometriosis etc .
PAPERS / PUBLICATIONS
1. Ojengbede O.A, Okonkwo NS, Morhason Bello IO. Comparative Evaluation of Haemoglobin Estimation Amongst Pregnant Women In Ibadan - The Haemocue-B haemoglobin analyzer vs the haemiglobincyanide (standard method) as the gold standard. Afr J Reprod Health. 2008 Aug;12 (2):153-9
2. Okunlola MA, Okonkwo NS, Tokzaka AA, Ojengbede OA. Study on vaginitis among intrauterine contraceptive device users in Ibadan, South-western Nigeria.
Journal of Reproduction and Contraception. 2009 Dec; 20(4):247-255.
Okunlola MA, Umuerri C, Omigbodun OO, Morhason-Bello IO, Okonkwo NS, Ojengbede OA. Pattern of mental ill health morbidities following hysterectomy for benign gynaecological disorders among Nigerian women. Int J Ment Health Syst. 2009; 3:18.
4. Okunlola MA, Olutayo AA, Okonkwo NS, Akingbola TS. Pattern of Contraceptive use among women with sickle cell disease in Ibadan, southwest Nigeria. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2010 Feb; 30 (2):171.
5.Ojengbede OA, Adedokun BO, Morhason-Bello IO, Kolade CO, Okonkwo NS Childbirth method has an effect on non-fistulous urinary incontinence amongst sub-Saharan African women: fact or fallacy?Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2010 Nov; 21 (11):1391-5. Epub 2010 Jun 18
6. Ojengbede OA, Morhason-Bello IO, Adedokun BO, Okonkwo NS, Kolade CO.Prevalence and the associated trigger factors of urinary incontinence among 5000 black women in sub-Saharan Africa: findings from a community survey. BJU International 2011 Jun,107(11):1793-1800.
7. Okonkwo NS, Ojengbede OA, Morhanson-Bello IO, Adedokun BA. Maternal demand for Caesarean Section (MDCS): Perception and willingness to request by Nigerian antenatal clients. IJWH 2012 Mar, 2012(4) 141-148.
8. Okonkwo NS, Ojengbede OA, Morhanson-Bello IO, Adedokun BA. Maternal demand for Caesarean Section (MDCS): Perception and willingness to request by healthworkers in southwestern Nigeria. Int. Jour. of Obstetrics and Gynecology.(Partially accepted for publication)
9. Ojengbede OA, Morhason-Bello IO, Adedokun BO, Okonkwo NS, Kolade CO.Health seeking behaviour amongst women currently leaking urine in Nigeria: Is it any different from the rest of the world. International Journal of Women’s Health. (Accepted for publication Mar 2 2012)
10. Morhason-Bello IO, Ojengbede OA, Morhason-Bello IO, Adedokun BO, Okonkwo NS, Kolade CO.Theories of urinary incontinence causation: aetiological descriptions by sub-saharan African women. Eur. J. Obstet and Gynecol. and Rep. Bio. 2012 Mar, 162(1) 109-112.
PAPERS PRESENTED AT CONFERENCES
1. Irabor A. E, Ladipo MMA, Adebusoye L.A, Olowokere S.A, Kuti K, Folasire O, Adigun K, Okonkwo N. Clinical Stage at Presentation of HIV positive patients in a Primary Health Care/ Family Medicine clinic presented at the West African Physician’s Conference 2004
2. Irabor A. E, Ladipo MMA, Adebusoye L.A, Olowokere S.A, Kuti K, Folasire O, Adigun K, Okonkwo N. Epidemiology at Presentation of HIV/AIDS positive patients in a Primary Health Care setting as seen in the General Outpatients’ Department (GOPD), UCH presented at the West African Physician’s Conference 2004
3. Okonkwo NS, Ojengbede O.A, Morhason Bello IO. Comparative Evaluation of Haemoglobin Estimation Amongst Pregnant Women In Ibadan - The Haemocue-B haemoglobin analyzer vs the haemiglobincyanide (standard method) as the gold standard. Oral presentation at the 7th International Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (SOGON) Conference Abuja 2006. (Best Scientific Presentation)
4. Okonkwo NS, Okunlola M.A, Olutayo AA, Adeleke AO, Ojengbede OA. Pattern of Vaginitis Among intra-uterine contraceptive device users in Ibadan, south-western Nigeria. Oral presentation at the International Conference on Family Planning: Research and Best Practices Kampala, Uganda November 15-18, 2009organized by the Gates Institute JHU.
5. Okunlola MA, Olutayo AA, Okonkwo NS, Akingbola TS. Pattern of contraceptive use among women with sickle cell disease in Ibadan, southwest Nigeria.Poster presentation at International Conference on Family Planning: Research and Best Practices Kampala, Uganda November 15-18, 2009organized by the Gates Institute JHU.
6. Okonkwo NS, Ojengbede OA, Morhanson-Bello IO, Adedokun BO. Maternal demand for Caesarean Section (MDCS): Perception and willingness to request among Nigerian antenatal clients. Poster presentation at International Federation of the Gynaecologists and Obstetricians’ (FIGO) Conference Capetown South Africa 2009
7. Okonkwo NS,O.A Ojengbede, I.O Morhanson Bello,K.A Adedokun In Perception and willingness to grant maternal request for caesarean section by health providers in west Africa. Poster presentation at International Federation of the Gynaecologists and Obstetricians’ (FIGO) Conference Capetown South Africa 2009
8. Okonkwo N.S, Ojengbede OA. Resumption of sexual Intercourse and contraceptive use by the postnatal visit at the University College Hospital, Ibadan. Oral presentation at the 45th Scientific Conference and Annual General Meeting of the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (SOGON) Conference, Ibadan 2011.
9. Ojengbede OA, Morhason-Bello IO, Adedokun BO, Okonkwo NS.Health seeking behaviour amongst women currently leaking urine in Nigeria: Is it any different from the rest of the world. BJU International.Oral presentation at the 45th Scientific Conference and Annual General Meeting of the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (SOGON) Conference Ibadan 2011.
10. Okonkwo NS, Ojengbede OA, Morhanson-Bello IO, Adedokun BO. Maternal demand for Caesarean Section (MDCS): Perception and willingness to request among Nigerian antenatal clients. Oral presentation at the 45th Scientific Conference and Annual General Meeting of the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (SOGON) Conference, Ibadan 2011.
11. Okonkwo NS,O.A Ojengbede, I.O Morhanson Bello,K.A Adedokun In Perception and willingness to grant maternal request for caesarean section by health providers in southwestern Nigeria. Poster presentation at the 45th Scientific Conference and Annual General Meeting of the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (SOGON) Conference, Ibadan 2011.
1. The 39th Annual General Scientific Conference of the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (SOGON) Conference 23rd- 25th November 2005 Ibadan, Oyo State Nigeria.
2. The 7th International Society of Gynaecologists and Obstetricians (SOGON) Conference Abuja, Nigeria 2006.
3. International Federation of the Gynaecologists and Obstetricians’ (FIGO) Conference Cape town South Africa 2009
4. International Conference on Family Planning: Research and Best Practices. Kampala, Uganda organized by the Gates Institute JHU November 15-18, 2009
5. Rotary International Conference, New Orleans, United States of America. May 21-25 2011.
6. 45th Scientific Conference and Annual General Meeting of the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (SOGON) Conference, Ibadan November 21st-26th, 2011.
7. 48th Scientific Conference and Annual General Meeting of the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (SOGON) Conference, Asaba November, 2014.
8. International Conference on Family Planning: Research and Best Practices. Nusa- Dua Indonesia. 25th-28th January, 2016
1) 5-day Research Methodology Workshop organized by the National Post graduate Medical College of Nigeria: (28th Aug -1st Sept 2006)Writing a dissertation, Approach to evidence–based medicine, good clinical practice, unsafe abortion, introduction to Cochrane collaboration, Steps in developing a research proposal.
2) Workshop on Internet Search Strategy by Center for Population and Reproductive Health (CPRH) 12th Oct, 2006: Training on how to search for medical information online using Pubmed, Medline, African index medicus and obtaining free full text using HINARI,
3) 2-day intensive workshop on HIV/AIDS organized by the ARV clinic/PEPFAR UCH (6th-7th June 2007):Epidemilogy of HIV/AIDS,HIV testing, opportunistic infection, PMTCT in Nigeria, principles of antiretroviral therapy, its side effects and toxicity.
4) 3-day Workshop Proposal Development and Report Writing organized by CPRH in collaboration with Dept of Obgyn UCH Ibadan for Masters Students-(April 7th-9th 2008):Developing a research title, critical review of literatures, choosing appropriate methodology, writing up results, style of referencing, writing a report, dissemination of results and obtaining a grant.
5) Reducing Maternal Mortality from Obstetric Haemorrhage and Eclampsia organized by the Center for Population and Reproductive Health (CPRH) University of Ibadan in collaboration with Pathfinder International Group (5th – 8th June 2008 )Use of NASG-non-pneumatic antishock garment, criteria for application, removal and care of the NASG , trans[port of patients with the NASG. Other methods of control of haemorrhage viz segmental devascularisation, B-LYNCH SUTURE and intra-uterine ballons The use of magnesium sulphate and monitoring for toxicity.
6) Couples and Reproductive Health Workshop: facilitated by Professor Stan Becker of Johns Hopkins School of Public health, JHU, Baltimore, USA in collaboration with the Center for Population and Reproductive Health (CPRH),College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Nigeria: 5th-6th February,2009. Re-conceptualizing the role of men in fertility issues. Couple oriented reproductive health care.
7) Cochrane Protocol /RevMan Workshop(15-16th January,2009) :The Cochrane collaboration, search strategies, evidence based medicine using randomized controlled trials, conduct of systematic reviews, use of the Revman software, enrolling into a Cochrane review group.
8) Clinical performance management & Quality assurance project inaugural workshop organized by VESTER health care partners in collaboration with the University College Hospital, Ibadan at the IITA conference center. 23rd October, 2009:Overview of clinical governance and risk management; Quality assurance in clinical service delivery; performance risk reduction and clinical processes. Performance management in midwifery in Obstetric practice; Multidisciplinary team working.
9) Principles and Practice of Clinical Research organized by the National Institute of HealthIn collaboration with the University of Ibadan and the University of Chicago Global Health Initiative, USA (May 3-7, 2010): Principles of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and research methodology. How to write NIH grant winning research proposals.
10) Advancement In the Use of Tocolytics For the Management of Preterm (Premature) Labour —With Spotlight On Tractocile (Atosiban)-The Only Tocolytic With Two Lives In Mind By Ferring Pharmaceuticals- Nigeria
11)Intermediate To Advanced Level Workshop In Gynecological Endoscopy@ South Shore Women & Children’s Hospital Victoria Island Lagos. 25TH-27TH October 2017. Covering:::Ergonomics and Understanding of Endoscopic Surgery, Patient Selection for Endoscopic Surgery, Overview of Laparoscopic Gynecological Surgeries, Becoming Competent at Hysteroscopy, Laboratory Demonstrations and Practice (Hands on Practice On Pigs, Laparoscopic Suturing Tricks & Techniques) Live Hysteroscopic Observation & Hands On Practice, Hands-on Experience On Live Patients In Theatre.
12)Society of Obstetricians & Gynecologists Of Nigeria (SOGON) Lagos Sector- Online Webinar May 9 2020: TopicUterine Fibroids: Exploring All Treatment Modalities
13) Association For Fertility and Reproductive Health (AFRH) Online Webinar May 8th, 2020: Topic Back To IVF Lab Technical Operations In the Covid-19 Era: What Next? & Post-Covid-19 Nursing Care Strategies For Clients Undergoing Fertility Treatment.
CONTRIBUTIONS TO REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH
· Research Papers and Conferences Above On Reproductive Health Issues (See Above)
· Masters In Population and Reproductive Health-(Post Graduate School University of Ibadan Nigeria)
· Internship at Population & Reproductive Health at National Population Commission Ibadan Oyo State Nigeria
· Community Surveys as listed above
· Community Programmes among which include
· Step down trainings on the use of the anti-shock garment amongst health workers in Mele community Ibadan for the, as well as and residents doctors in the University College Hospital Ibadan, Public Awareness programmes on the importance of vital statistics during my internship programme at National Population Commission for my Masters programme in Population amongst others
Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology
Dr. Olalekan (Emmanuel) Olaleye
He is an experienced and qualified Consultant Cardiologist, with more than 10 years of active cardiology practice, specializing in Patient's care and diagnostic cardiology. Dr. Olaleken has passion for excellence as demonstrated by high standards of work. A self-motivated and enthusiastic individual with a high level of personal initiative. He has been awarded for by Nigeria Cardiac Society for exceptional service delivery in 2021.
· Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), UCH Ibadan - 2002
· Consultant Cardiologist, Cardiocare Cardiovascular Hospital - Full-time, Apr 2019 - Present · 3 yrs 7 mos, Abuja
· Consultant Cardiologist and Lecturer,University of Gitwe - Full-time, Jun 2017 - Feb 2019 · 1 yr 9 mos, Rwanda
· Senior Registrar, Fmc, Ido Ekiti · Full-time, Nov 2011 - May 2017 · 5 yrs 7 mos
· Medical Officer, Group Medical Hospital, Ibadan- Mar 2005 - Dec 2005 · 10 mos, Ibadan
In-Patient and Out-patient Cardiology,
Non-Invasive Diagnostic Cardiology,
General Internal Medicine
Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology
Dr. Iseko Iseko
Dr. Iseko Iseko is a goal driven, Healthcare Management Professional, with a background in Internal Medicine and Cardiology, he is passionate about integrated healthcare delivery, strategy and leadership excellence in healthcare organizations.
· Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), ABU Zaria - 2006
· Internal Medicine/Cardiology Fellowship UCH Ibadan - 2015
· Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), International Healthcare Management, Frankfurt School of Finance & Management - 2015
Group Medical Director Limi Hospital: Oct 2016 – Present 6 years 1 month, Abuja
Consultant Physician/Cardiologist Limi Hospital: Jun 2015 – Present 7 years 5 months Abuja
In-Patient and Out-patient Cardiology,
Non-Invasive Diagnostic Cardiology,
General Internal Medicine,
CME Teaching and Training
Dr. Ugwu Ikechukwu Odo holds an MB,BS degree from the University of Nigeria. He also holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Family Medicine from the National Post Graduate Medical College of Nigeria as well as a Masters degree in Business Administration and Masters of Science in Healthcare Management from the University of Port Harcourt Business School.
He received several levels of training from the Saint Gregory’s Ultrasound Institute in Ibadan, Nigeria that accorded him the Makarso Accreditation in Ultrasonography.
Dr. Odo is a private investor in hospital and allied Healthcare Services. He owns and operates Meridian Hospitals Limited as its Group Medical Director. He also owns and operates Pyramids Diagnostic Services Limited as its Chairman/CEO. He is the Chairman/CEO Pyramid Integrated Services Limited. Dr Odo is the International President of Pilgrims Africa Health Foundation, a Nongovernmental Organization committed to health support campaigns in Nigeria through free medical missions, human capital development and social advocacy.
He has numerous publications on Health and related contemporary leadership issues including:
· The Dangers That We Face: Being A Prism Perspective Of The Plight Of The Nigerian Doctor In Nigeria.
· Group Practice Among Nigerian Doctors: An Elusive Master Key.
· Managed Care: Strengthening Hospital Practice Through The Understanding Of Health Insurance Financing Model.
· Remaking The Nigerian Doctor And Rebuilding Our Health Sector: The Role Of The Private Doctor.
· Medical Entrepreneurship In Nigeria.
· Medical Tourism And Investment Options In Nigeria’s Healthcare System: The Role Of The Nigerian Medical Association And Other Stakeholders.
· Self Leadership.
· Redefining Excellence In Patient Care.
· The Private Health Sector In Nigeria: Surviving The Odds Of A Deprived Economy.
· Family Physicians: The Ideal Leaders And Managers In Healthcare Systems.
Dr. Odo is the National President of the Association of General and Private Medical Practitioners of Nigeria (AGPMPN). This is the umbrella body of Nigerian doctors in private practice. It is the largest organization of doctors in Nigeria as an affiliate of the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA), and Full Member of the World Organization of Family Doctors.
· World Ambassador for Peace, United Nations POLAC;
· Doctor of Science Honoris Causa, Commonwealth University;
· The African Leadership Excellence Award in Medicine, London, 2018;
· Nigerian Medical Association, Rivers State Roll of Honours Award;
· Distinguished Medical Practitioner (DMP), AGPMPN; T
· he Nelson Mandela Life Achievers Merit Award;
· Ahmadu Bello Platinum Leadership Award;
· International Project Excellence Award by the American Project Management Professionals;
· Icon of Medical Renaissance by ECOWAS Youth Council, etc.
Dr Leye Ajayi is a Consultant Urological Surgeon with a specialist interest in minimally invasive surgery for urinary tract stone disease, in particular laser and lithotripsy treatment and complex stone management where he performs Supine percutaneous nephrolithotomy (s-PCNL) and endoscopic combined infrarenal surgery (ECIRS) and mini supine -PCNL. His general urology practice focuses on andrology, urinary incontinence, rapid access prostate (PSA) and haematuria (blood in urine) assessments. He was awarded an MD for his research into the molecular biology of prostate cancer and has publications in this field and that of urinary tract stone disease. He is the Service Lead for the Urology department and the Clinical lead for Stone disease at Royal Free NHS London. He is the course director of National and International masterclasses in complex stone diseases and is one of a few UK surgeons who perform PCNL in supine position and has extensive experience with this operation. He is a member of the European Section of Uro-Technology and performs live surgery at the annual international European Association of Urology meeting.
He is committed to offering patients rapid access one stop urology diagnostic service. His medical school and specialist urology training took place at a number of teaching hospitals in London. His fellowship training took place in Brisbane, Australia.
Mr Leye Ajayi attends international meetings and courses regularly to increase his knowledge and ensure his patients receive state of the art techniques for their urological complaint. Mr Ajayi is an enthusiastic teacher and teaches undergraduate medical students daily and post graduate trainees in Urology.
Benign Prostate disorders
Urinary tract stones
Areas of interest
Minimally invasive treatment "Key hole" for urinary kidney stone disease; Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL); Shock wave Lithotripsy; Ureteroscopy & Laser surgery for stones; Ureteroscopy & Laser surgery for Urothelial cancer; Emergency Renal & Ureteric colic management.
Haematuria (blood in urine) assessment; Bladder cancer treatment; Transurethral resection of Bladder Cancer (TURBT); Rapid access prostate assessment (PSA, Prostate cancer, Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH); Transurethral resection of Prostate (TURP).
Management of Urinary Tract Infection (UTI); Erectile Dysfunction; Penoscrotal surgery( Circumcision; Hydrocele; Varicocele; epididymal cyst).
Affiliations / Memberships
Member of the Royal Society of Medicine
Member of the British Medical Association
Member of the British Association of Urological Surgeons
Member of the European Urological Association
Prof. Wale Sulaiman is an indigene of Kwara State, Nigeria. He attended the famous St. Gregory’s College, Obalende, Lagos State, Nigeria after which he was awarded a Nigerian Academic scholarship to study medicine at The Medical University, Varna, Bulgaria in Europe. His interests in Nerve and Spinal cord injury and regeneration research led him to the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Canada where he completed a PhD in Neurosciences and a Neurosurgery residency at University of Manitoba in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. He is board-certified in Neurosurgery by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and completed two world-renowned clinical fellowships in both complex nerve reconstruction (Louisiana State University, US) and complex spine surgery (Medical College of Wisconsin, US). In addition to his clinical expertise, Prof. Sulaiman has extensive research experience in both nerve and spinal cord injury and regeneration and has authored several peer reviewed publications and book chapters in these areas.
Professor Wale Sulaiman is an accomplished Neurosurgeon and Researcher, a skilled Physician Executive and leader, a philanthropist, and a successful entrepreneur. He started RNZ GLOBAL in 2012 as a healthcare development, operations and management company focused on African region. RNZ is now recognized as one of the premier and most innovative healthcare companies in Nigeria.
Neurosurgery, Back and Spine Surgery
Application of minimally invasive techniques to treat spinal disorders, nerve and spinal cord injuries and regeneration.
Medical University, Varna (BG), University of Alberta in Edmonton (CA), University of Manitoba in Winnipeg, Manitoba (CA), Louisiana State University (US), Medical College of Wisconsin (US)
Dr Kenechukwu Olufemi Chudy-Onwugaje is a reputed Gastroenterology in Lagos. He is a US-trained gastroenterologist and interventional endoscopist.
He completed his training in gastroenterology and hepatology at the University of Maryland Medical Center in Baltimore, and had further training in advanced endoscopy at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
He is passionate about the promotion of digestive health and the expansion of access to quality gastrointestinal endoscopy in Africa.
Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Interventional endoscopy
Colorectal cancer prevention, therapy of biliary and pancreatic diseases, inflammatory bowel disease
Maimonides Medical Center, New York;
University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore;
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia;
Nnamdi Azikiwe Univeristy, Awka;
Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, Canada
Gynecologist & Obstetrician
Dr. Prasad Mohan Patkar is a senior Gynaecologist & Obstetrician, with 31 years of expertise and over 10,000 successful cases to his credit.
Education & Trainings
Fellowship in Minimal Invasive Surgery, india
Fellow of International College of Robotic Surgeons India
MD Gynaecology & Obstetrics, India
Specialist Gynaecologist & Obstetrician : Nyangabwe Referral Hospital, Botswana
Consultant Gynaecologist & Obstetrician : Sharada Nursing Home, India
Consultant Gynaecologist & Obstetrician : Sunita hospital, India
Consultant Gynaecologist & Obstetrician : Palghar Nursing Home, India
Registrar in Obstetrics & Gynaecology : R N Cooper Hospital, India
Over 10,000 successful delivery procedures.
11,000+ gynaecologic surgeries & emergency procedures.
Trained Hysteroscopy at CEMAST (Center of Excellence for Minimal Access Surgery)
Expert in Minimal access gynaecological surgeries.
Trained robotic surgeon.
Ovarian Cyst Removal
Hysteroscopic Septum Resection.
Hysterectomy (womb removal)
Laparoscopic Myomectomy (Fibroid removal)
Sterilization (Fallopian tubes removal/blockage).
Registrations & Licences
MDCN Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria
MMC, Maharashtra Medical Council, India
Dr. Somarajan M R is a dedicated General Surgeon, with a strong track record of success in treating advanced medical conditions. He is equipped with 32 years of experience. He has successfully conducted more than 10,000 advanced laparoscopic surgeries. He is a specialist in performing interventional Gastroenterology.
Education & Trainings
FMAS Fellowship in Minimal Invasive Surgery, india 2009
MS (Surgery) Govt Medical College Alappuzha, India 2002
MBBS Calicut Medical College, Kerala, India 1990
Chief Consultant Bariatric & Laparoscopic Surgery : Igbinedion University Okada, Nigeria
Chief Consultant Bariatric & Laparoscopic Surgery : Renai Medicity Kochi, Kerala, India
Senior Resident in Surgery : Defence Force Hospital, Royal Medical Services, Bahrain
Assistant Professor of Surgery : Govt Medical College Alappuzha, Kerala, India
Done more than 10,000 advanced laparoscopic surgeries
Given hands on training to more than 250 surgeons
Trained and taught more than 1500 medical students
Internationally renowned advanced laparoscopic surgeon
Multi-ethnic and multi-racial experience
Specialties and Interests
Advanced Minimally Invasive Surgeries
Interventional Gastrointestinal procedures
Breast Augmentation & Reconstruction
Laparoscopic urology procedures
Laparoscopic Gynec surgeries
Registrations & Licences
MDCN Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria
TCMC Travancore - Cochin Council of Modern Medicine, Kerala, India
Gynecologist & Obstetrician
Dr. Oche Martin Ejembi is a senior Gynecologist in Lagos. He undertook his basic medical training at the prestigious Medical University of Sofia, Bulgaria from 1979 to 1984, graduating with distinction in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
He worked with First City Hospital, Sofia and at Alexender Bathenberg University Hospital, Sofia. He returned to Nigeria for the mandatory Housemanship which he undertook at Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital, Zaria in 1985.
He then did his National Youth service at the Nigeria Military School Clinic between 1986-1987.
Having been awarded the Ivan Vassof Foundation scholarship for postgraduate studies, he then returned to Sofia to pursue his postgraduate residency in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the prestigious Research Institute for Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Maternity home.
He graduated magma-cum-laude from the Postgraduate College in 1991 and was awarded the specialist certificate (M.D) Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
Dr Ejembi returned to Nigeria in 1991 and was employed by the Eko Hospitals as Consultant Obstetrician in 1992 and rose to become Chief Consultant at the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Eko hospital by 1995.
Dr. Ejembi left the Eko Hospital group in 1997 and established Queens Specialist Hospital, where he is currently the Chief Medical Director and Consultant.
Major Surgical Operations
Assisted Conceptions (IVF)
Dr. O. M. Ejembi is a member of the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Nigeria (SOGON), the Guild of Medical Directors (GMD), and the Association of General and private medical practitioners of Nigeria (AGPMPN).
Dr Gboyega Olarinoye is a Consultant Physician and Dermatologist with training in aesthetic medicine by American Aesthetic Association. He is a fellow of the National Post Graduate Medical College of Nigeria and a member of West African College of Physicians, International Society of Dermatology, and Nigerian Association of Dermatologists.
He was a recipient of the prize for the overall best candidate in Internal Medicine at the Fellowship examination of the National Post Graduate Medical College of Nigeria. He is also a past winner of the international mentorship award of International Society of Dermatology. His areas of interest include cosmetic dermatology, medical dermatology, and dermatopathology.
Dr Olarinoye is passionate about accurate diagnosis and treatment of common and uncommon skin diseases, particularly in the tropics, using standard and well-adapted methods. He has a combination of sound social and professional skills which are key to ensuring maximum patient satisfaction.
Dr Babangida Sankey is an experienced, empathic and artistic consultant plastic surgeon. He is a fellow of the West African College of Surgeons who leads a team of experienced medical personnel to efficiently create that transformative look you desire.
Dr Sankey is passionate about patient satisfaction. He uses a combination of social and professional skills with the latest in cosmetic and therapeutic plastic surgery procedures to help achieve desired results which are key to ensuring maximum patient satisfaction.
He has special interest in cosmetic and reconstructive surgical procedures with emphasis on soft tissue techniques.
Dr Hilda Ashio Titiloye is a Nigerian registered and licensed medical practitioner with post-graduate training in dermatology and aesthetic medicine from the prestigious Queen Mary University of London and University of Cordoba, Spain respectively. She is a member of the Nigerian Medical association, an associate member of the Nigerian Association of Dermatologists and a member of the International association for Physicians in Aesthetic Medicine.
Dr Hilda Ashio Titiloye has always had a great interest in skin care and beauty, these have been fused into this passion and pursuit of beauty using evidence based medicine which she presently offers her patients.
She has been fortunate to work with and under one of the best cosmetic dermatologists in Nigeria and West Africa, gathering many years of experience in the fields of mainstream dermatology and aesthetic medicine. She has vast experience in the management of cosmetic and non-cosmetic conditions in Skin of color. Her keen eye for perfection and finger dexterity along with the use of science give her an edge, allowing her to produce spectacular yet natural results for her patients that require aesthetic medical services. She has had vast training specifically in the use of Botox, dermal fillers including but not limited to Juvederm, Sculptra, body shaping and sculpting techniques, mesotherapy and many other areas of Aesthetic medicine.
Aesthetic medicine is a new, exciting branch of medicine that is aimed at improving appearance through minimally invasive medical procedures and treatments. It is a rapidly evolving field with new technology being introduced daily. Dr Hilda is continuously training and re-training in both new and old areas of Aesthetic medicine, constantly fine tuning her skills to improve the level of expertise she provides her patients.
Dr. Christopher Otabor holds a bachelor’s degree in medicine from the prestigious university of Benin, Nigeria. He is a fellow of the West African College of Surgeons.
He worked as Consultant Orthopedic and Trauma Surgeon at General Hospital, Kubwa, Abuja. He is also the Chief Medical Director and Consultant at Alliance Hospital, Garki.
Recently he is appointed as the special assistant to the senior special assistant to the Nigerian President on MDGs.
Speciality/Area of Interests
Institution Attended: University of Benin
Professional Work Expereince
Residency training at National orthopaedic hospital kano
Consultant orthopaedic Surgeon Garki Hospital Abuja
Consultant Orthopedic and Trauma Surgeon at General Hospital, Kubwa, Abuja
Cardio Thoracic & Vascular Surgery
Dr. Michael Sanusiis a Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon, Medical Director, Babcock TRI-STATE Heart & Vascular Centre Dr. Sanusi is an Adult and Pediatrics Cardiothoracic Surgeon and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons as well as the West African College of Surgeons. He obtained his MD in 1990 from the University of Ibadan, Nigeria. He relocated to the USA for his surgical training and became a general Surgeon in 1999, graduating at the top of his surgery residency class with honors from the UCLA/Drew University Medical Center in Los Angeles scoring in the top 98% percentile in the U.S General Surgery Board examinations.
Dr. Sanusi worked as a General Surgeon in the U.S and Nigeria before returning to train as an adult and Pediatrics Cardiac Surgeon at State University of New York / Maimonides Medical Center and Emory University/Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. He is a US Board Certified in General and Thoracic Surgery. He was the one of the lead consultant cardiothoracic surgeon for the recent complex surgery that was performed by the new Tristate at Reddington Cardiac programme.
Cardio Thoracic & Vascular Surgery
Professor Dr. Kamar Tayo Adeleke is the President/CEOof Tristate Healthcare Systems. He is a US trained medical practitioner with over 34 years’ experience as a consultant physician & interventional cardiologist.
RESIDENCY: Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
MEDICAL SCHOOL: St Georges University School Of Medicine, Graduated 1986
Acute Myocardial Infarction (AMI)
Aortic Valvular Disease
Atrial Fibrillation and Atrial Flutter
Ischemic Heart Disease
Mitral Valvular Disease
For over ten years, he was the Chair of the Division of Cardiology and Director of the Interventional Cardiovascular Laboratory at the St. Francis Hospital in Wilmington, as well as dominant program leader in Interventional Cardiology at the Christiana Care Health Services, both in Delaware.
He has extensive healthcare leadership experience in the USA & Africa and has led many successful and highly impacting medical missions in Africa, South America and the Caribbean. He currently chairs the Division of Cardiology at the Benjamin S. Carson School of Medicine, Babcock University.
Cardio Thoracic & Vascular Surgery
Dr Kirman Mustafa is an Adult Cardio-Vascular Surgeon
Expertise in Disease/Treatment
Ischemia heart disease
Aorta coronary bypass
Valvular Heart Disease (Heart Valves Replacement/Repair)
Adult Congenital Disease
Vascular Disease (Carotid and Peripheral Vascular Surgery, Opening A.V. Fistula for Renal Dialysis, Varicose Veins Surgery)
Dr Kirman Mustafa is a cardiovascular surgeon for over 35 years of experience with over 15,000 cases of open-heart surgery;
80% Ischemia heart Diseases
15% Vascular Diseases
5% Adult Congenital Heart Diseases
All rated with 95% success.
Dr Rajeev Kumar MBBS, MS is a senior orthopaedic joint replacement and arthroscopy surgeon. He is an alumnus of Banaras Hindu University, India.
He is holding master’s degree in Orthopaedics and Fellowships in Arthroscopy and Arthroplasty through ISKSAA from New Delhi and another Fellowship in Arthroscopy BLK Hospital New Delhi, India.
He has more than 15 years of work experience in various public and private hospitals in India and abroad including Botswana and Tanzania as Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint replacement and arthroscopy Surgeon. He was also an Assistant professor at The Aga Khan University Tanzania.
He is a life member of various Orthopaedic professional bodies in India like Indian Orthopaedic association, Indian Arthroscopy Society, Indian Arthroplasty Association and International Society for Knowledge for surgeon on Arthroscopy and Arthroplasty.
Dr Mohammad Ashraf is an orthopedic, trauma, complex joint replacement, adult joint reconstruction, spine and arthroscopy surgeon with over 16 years of experience.
MBBS, MS Orthopedics (Gold Medalist), FICS Ortho (USA)
Fellowship in Advanced Arthroplasty (Canada),
Fellowship in Spine Surgery (Michigan, USA)
Fellowship In Microsurgery Spine
Fellowship in Arthroscopy & Sports Medicine
MHA (Master in Hospital Administration)
Training in Pain Management (Royal College, England)
Dr Mohammad Ashraf is an adroit orthopedic, trauma, complex joint replacement, adult joint reconstruction, spine and arthroscopy surgeon with over 16 years of surgical experience and thousands of successful surgeries of high accolades. He has had a very bright and illustrious academic career with advanced trainings in various subspecialties across the globe. He worked in various prestigious hospitals all over the world including USA, Canada (Markham Stouffville hospital), Saudi Arabia (King Abdul Aziz naval Base Hospital, Jubail), Dubai, Oman(Aster Al Raffah Hospital), Maldives (ADK hospitals), India (Apollo Hospitals), Nepal, Nigeria etc. He served as an assistant Professor of Orthopedics teaching MS orthopedics post graduate student at Manipal Medical college.
Dr Ashraf accrued invaluable academic knowledge and surgical skills during his vast national and international work exposure spanning over one and a half decades. He trained numerous budding and young orthopedic surgeons in his career. He is extremely proficient in a myriad of complex surgeries in various subspecialties of orthopedics ranging from trauma, arthroscopy, spine, joint replacement and joint reconstruction surgeries with a special interest in keyhole and minimally invasive surgeries.
His patients fondly remember him as a diligent, amicable and efficient doctor with great empathy towards his patients and dedication & compassion to his work. He has presented many research papers in national and international conferences which won many accolades and awards.
Dr. Valentine Ogbu had his medical education at University of Benin, Nigeria where he graduated in 2003. He had orthopaedic and trauma training at the National Orthopaedic Hospital Enugu. He is a fellow of both West African College of Surgeons and National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria. He joined Cedarcrest Hospitals as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon in 2015 after his training. He was awarded a SICOT fellowship and underwent further training in Arthroplasty and Trauma at Ganga Hospital Coimbatore India in 2015. He has done AO basic and Advanced trauma courses as well as Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) course. He has attended the Zimmer Biomet Primary Knee Instructional Course.
He has been involved in the training of postgraduate orthopaedic residents who are on clinical postings at the hospital. His areas of interest includes total hip and knee replacement, trauma surgery and general orthopaedics. He has attained proficiency in the operative management of limb fractures and paediatric fractures.
Dr. Bolarinwa Akinola is a consultant Orthopeadics, Trauma & Limb Reconstruction
A fellowship trained arthroplasty and trauma surgeon, who graduated from the University of Ibadan and proceeded thereafter to the UK, where he undertook his Orthopaedic training on the East of England rotation and was awarded Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (Trauma & Orthopeadics) in 2015.
After obtaining his certificate of completion of training, he underwent further sub specialist fellowship training in South Africa and the North of England. He holds a Master’s degree in Public Health from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
Dr. Akinola returned to Nigeria in April 2017 after his appointment as Consultant Orthopaedic, Trauma & Limb Reconstruction at Cedarcrest Hospitals Abuja. He relocated to Cedarcrest Hospitals Lagos and is currently its Medical Director.
His area of expertise includes hip and knee replacement surgery (both primary and revision), complex trauma and limb reconstruction, deformity correction and the management of bone and joint infection. He is well published and continues to be involved in clinical research.
Dr. Kingsley Ekwe is a consultant orthopaedic and trauma surgeon at Cedarcrest Hospitals. He has graduated from the prestigious University of Jos in the year 2000. His postgraduate training took place in various hospitals within Nigeria and abroad. He was awarded the fellowship of the West African College of Surgeons in 2009. He also worked as a consultant orthopaedic and trauma surgeon at The National Hospital Abuja.
Currently an executive director and Head of Surgery at cedarcrest hospital, His areas of interest in orthopaedic practice includes arthroplasty, general orthopaedics but with special interest in Orthopaedic trauma. He has had excellent outcomes with all aspects of orthopaedic trauma including trauma care with minimal scarring. He has over a decade of experience in general and subspecialty orthopaedics that has taken him through various trainings and exposures around the world.
He also has special interest in mentoring and teaching young surgeons and is a member of several associations including the Nigerian orthopaedic association, arthroplasty society of Nigeria, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons amongst others.
Dr. Felix Ehidiamhen Ogedegbe have extensive operative experience in all areas of orthopaedic and trauma surgery gathered from his clinical and academic experience in Nigeria and abroad including the UK, USA, Germany and Switzerland.
· Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Univ. of Benin-Mar 1994
· Fellow of the West African College of Surgeons (FWACS) Ortho-Oct 2001
· Parts I & II Membership Exams, Royal Coll. of Surg. of Edinburgh (UK)-Apr 2005
· Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine (UK)-Mar 2006
· Fellow of the International College of Surgeons-Sep 2012
· Manipulation of casting fractures and relocation of joints under image intensifier control
· Fracture manipulation and K-wire fixation under image intensifier control
· Interlocking intramedullary nailing of long bone fractures, including proximal femoral nailing
· Standard femoral nailing, retrograde femoral nailing, tibial nailing and humeral nailing
· Inflatable intramedullary nailing of femoral and tibial fractures
· Dynamic hip screw and dynamic condylar screw fracture fixation
· Plate osteosynthesis of intra-articular and extra-articular fractures
· Wound debridement
· Knee arthroscopy, with some experience in shoulder and ankle arthroscopy
· Hip and shoulder hemiarthroplasty
· Total joint replacements of knee & hip, with some experience in elbow & shoulder arthroplasty
· Soft tissue shoulder surgery, including rotator cuff repair, bankart’s repair & subacromial decompression
· Carpal tunnel decompression and other decompression procedures
· Arthrodesis of major joints
· Sequestrectomy and saucerization
· Core decompression for avascular necrosis
· Tendon repairs and reconstructions
· Skin grafting and basic flap surgery
Dr. Iliya Karniliyus Salu is a senior British trained Consultant Laparoscopic, Endoscopic, Gastrointestinal, Bariatric and General surgeon.
MBBS, Ahmadu Bello University 1987
Fellow, Royal College of Surgeons of England, 1999
Fellow, West African College of Surgeons, 2012
· Laparoscopic Appendicectomy
· Diagnostic laparoscopy
· Staging laparoscopy for cancer
· Laparoscopic hernia repairs (inguinal, incisional, and all abdominal wall hernias)
· Laparoscopic colectomies
· Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
· Laparoscopic fundoplication
· Laparoscopic gastrectomy & gastric sleeve operations
· Laparoscopic hysterectomy
· Laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy
· Laparoscopic tubal ligation
· Laparoscopic myomectomy
· Laparoscopic adrenalectomy
· Endoscopic polypectomy
· Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
· Percutaneous Endoscopic Colostomy (PEC)
· Endoscopic Retrograde Cholecystopancreatography (ERCP)
· Total Colectomy
· Total/partial gastrectomy
· All forms of hernia repairs
· Laparotomy for acute abdomen
· Total/partial thyroidectomy
· Mastectomy & axillary clearance
· Sentinel lymph node biopsy
· Formation of bowel stomas (colostomy, ileostomy, conduits, etc.) & reversal of the stomas
· Varicose vein surgery
· Breast reduction, breast augmentation surgery, breast implant placement
· Limb amputations.
· Carotid endarterectomy
· Cranioventricular peritoneal shunt for hydrocephalus
· Burr-hole surgery for cranial trauma
· Chief Consultant Surgeon, Asokoro District Hospital, Abuja
· Senior Consultant Surgeon & Asokoro District Hospital, Abuja, Acting Head of Surgery Department
· Visiting Consultant Surgeon ABU Teaching Hospital, Zaria, Federal Medical Centre Abuja, National Hospital Abuja
· Medical Consultant to Federal Ministry of Health for the Training Assessments and Equipment Utilisation of All the 18 Teaching Hospitals in Nigeria.
· Consultant Colorectal Surgeon, Barts & Royal London Hospitals
· Locum Consultant Surgeon, Guy’s & St Thomas’ Hospitals, Colorectal & Laparoscopic Surgery, London, UK
· Senior Registrar (LAT) Epsom and St Heliers University, General Surgery Hospitals NHS Trust, London, UK
· Senior Clinical Fellow, Royal London Hospital. UK,
· Colorectal Surgery and Centre for Academic Surgery
· Senior Grade Surgeon, Milton Keynes General Hospital, UK, Colorectal & Breast Surgery
· Senior Registrar (LAT), Whiston Hospital, Prescot, UK, General Surgery
· Senior SHO General Surgery Bedford General Hospital, Berkshire, UK
· Senior SHO General Surgery, North Manchester General Hospital, UK
· SHO Rotation General Surgery, South Cleveland Hospital, Middlesbrough, UK
· SHO Rotation General Surgery. Whiston Hospital, Prescot. UK
· Senior Registrar, General Surgery, ABUTH, Zaria
· Registrar, General Surgery, ABUTH, Zaria
· Senior SHO General Surgery, Orthopedics & Urology ABUTH, Zaria
· National Youth Service, Medical Officer NITEL Clinic, Enugu, Anambra State
· Pre-registration Horsemanship, Specialist Hospital, Yola
1. The Surgical Management for the Elderly Cancer Patient: Indications and Limits beyond the Prejudice. I.K. Salu, A. Ray, R.A.Audisio, L. Chagla and M. Ramello. The International Critical Review Journal of Oncology and Haematology. 2002; 42:154-9
2. Obscure GI Bleeding: Causes and Management. I.K. Salu, S.Anderson, J. Irving, E. Carapeti Hospital Doctor (accepted for publication)
3. Krukenberg Tumour Arising from Adenocarcinoma of the Gastrooesophageal Junction in a 28-year Old Female Presenting as Lower Abdominal Swelling Mimicking an Inguinal Hernia: Case Report Hosam El-Din Matar, Ashraf Shawky Elmetwally, Iliya Salu, Rudi Borgstein, and Olu Oluwajobi GUT Bmj publication Group
· West African College of Surgeon conference, Banjul, The Gambia where I spoke of Safe Laparoscopic Surgery in a government district hospital, The Abuja Experience 22-26 January, 2018
· Training The Trainers Course in Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery Organized by Medtronic USA Istanbul, Turkey 22-24 May 2017
· Annual Scientific Meeting of Coloproctology Surgeons Association of Great Britain and Ireland: Du, London, July 16-18, 2012
· Annual Scientific Meeting of Coloproctology Surgeons Association of Great Britain and Ireland: Dublin, July 14-17, 2009
· Annual Scientific Meeting of Coloproctology Surgeons Association of Great Britain and Ireland: Newcastle, June 10-13, 2008.
· Hospital Resource Management Course: organized by London School of Economics in conjunction with London Health Authority 20-24 July, 2005.
· Attended the course on ‘’Advanced Management of Breast Disease’’ on 21-24 April 2005 held at The Royal College of Surgeons of England.
· Attended and passed the ‘’Advanced Laparoscopic Skills Course’’ organized for Senior Residents at The Royal College of Surgeons of England in London on 10-14 January 2005.
· Trauma Master Class Update on Pelvic Injuries organized by the Royal College of Surgeons of England in London, 23-24 May 2003.
· Current Thinking in Colorectal Cancer organized by Royal Marsden Hospital and sponsored by Astra-Zeneca Oncology 17th July,2002.
· Clinical Risk Management: The Challenges: Organized by The Royal College of Surgeons of England. 15 September 2001.
· Contemporary Issues in surgical Practice: Past, Present and Future. Organized by the Royal College of Surgeons of England. 21--23 June 2001.
· Laparoscopic Skills Course for Beginners. Organized by the Department of Surgery, James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough. 23-26 April 2000.
· Attended and passed the ATLS Course at Hope Hospital, Manchester. 1-3 November 1999.
· Minimal Access Surgical Techniques Update. Organized by The Royal College of Surgeons of England. 5-8 July 1999.
· Basic Surgical Skills Course at North Manchester General Hospital. Organized under the auspices of The Royal College of Surgeons of England. 18-25 August 1997.
· Attended the ALS Course at Accident and Emergency Department, Middlesbrough General Hospital, Middlesbrough. 10-13 August 1996.
· Attended the Written Papers Revision Course for the FRCS Final Examinations of The Royal College of Surgeons of England. 15-19 April 1996.
· Obscure Gastrointestinal Bleeding: Causes and Management present at the Annual Scientific Meeting of Coloproctology Surgeons Association of Great Britain and Ireland: Newcastle, June 10-13, 2008.
· Acute Pancreatitis: Causes and Current Management. Presented at the London BMA Scientific Conference, London, July 8, 2007.
· Management of Inflammatory Bowel Disease in a designated IBD Tertiary Centre, Is it way forward? Presented at the South London Health Authority Scientific Meeting, February 9, 2007.
· Clinical Audit in a Tertiary Hospital: Does it change practice? Hospital Presentation at the surgical audit meeting, November 10, 2006.
· Management of High Output Fistulas in Elderly Patients: Causes and Flaws: Presented at the Surgical Meeting of Fellows, Royal College of Surgeons of England, London, April 24, 2005.
· Open Vs Laparoscopic Appendicectomy: Cost benefit Vs Complications: Presented at the Surgical Meeting of Fellows, Royal College of Surgeons of England, London, April 24, 2005.
· Poster Presentation on Ulcerative Colitis: Presented at the Surgical Meeting of Fellows, Royal College of Surgeons of England, London, April 17, 2004.
· Appendix carcinoid tumor presenting as right inguinoscrotal hernia in an elderly patient. Presented at the Hospital Surgical Meeting, North Middlesex University Hospital, London on June 20, 2003.
· Open Vs Closed Vacuum Dressing in complete abdominal wound dehiscence: Hospital surgical audit: Presented at Surgical meeting of the Academic Centre for Surgery, Royal London Hospital, January 2006.
· Barrett’s Esophagitis in a Child: Rare Presentation. Presented as a case report at Hospital Surgical Meeting of Princess Alexandra, Harlow, October 20, 2007.
· Learning Curve in Endoscopic Surgery, Presented at the Endoscopic Surgical Meeting of London Endoscopic Surgical Society, June 2009.
· Ischemic Colitis in the Elderly: Diagnostic Dilemma, Presented at The Annual Scientific Meeting of Coloproctologists, Dublin, Ireland July 15, 2009.
· Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Management of Early Breast Cancer: Methods and Results. Presented at the North London Cancer Group Meeting, June 10, 2004.
· Enhanced Recovery Programs : Benefits and Risks. Presented at the Hospital IBD Group Meeting of South London Surgical Meeting, May 18, 2010.
· Surgical Risk Assessment in the Surgical Elderly patient: What Role for the Surgeon? Presented at the Anesthetic Association Meeting of the Royal College of Anesthetists in London, July 8, 2008.
· Radiation Colitis and Enteritis: Diagnosis and Management. Presented at the Senior Residents Surgical Meeting, Manchester, March 14, 2006.
· Lead Surgeon for Minimal Access Surgery Asokoro District Hospital, Abuja
· Head of Department of Accident and Emergency, Asokoro District Hospital, Abuja
· Audit coordinator for Royal London Hospitals NHS Trust.
· Member Hospital Risk Management Committee: Royal London Hospital March 2005- May 2006.
· Member, Theatre Users Committee, Guy’s & ST Thomas’ Hospitals NHS Trust, July 2008 to 2012.
· Multidisciplinary meeting coordinator for Colorectal cancer network for Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow, Essex.
· Participating in surgical Audit and presentations.
· Consultant Trainer in Minimal Access Surgery (Laparoscopic Surgery) for various Teaching Hospitals in Nigeria
· Assistant Clinical tutor for General and Laparoscopic Surgery for North Thames Region.
· Audit coordinator for Royal London Hospitals NHS Trust.
· Multidisciplinary meeting coordinator for Colorectal cancer network for Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow, Essex
· Anatomy demonstration tutor for medical students of the Ahmadu Bello University College of Medicine, Zaria, Nigeria. February 1990 to April 1994.
· Teaching consultants, registrars in surgery, medical officers, medical students, pre-registration house officers and senior house officers.