- Abuja, Lagos
- Registration Fee : 5000
- Consultation Fee : 20000
Kelina Hospital stated inFebruary 2008. It has carved its mark in urology and kidney related surgeries. Kelina Hospital specializes in minimum invasive urology procedures and is considered to be the best kidney hospital in Abuja. Kelina has established its branch in Lagos and strive to be the best kidney hospital in Lagos. Dr. Celsus U. Undie is the founder and president of the hospital.
· Kidney stones
Laser lithotripsy, ultrasonic lithotripsy, Pneumatic lithotripsy, lithotripsy using the Swiss Lithoclast Master, which combines ultrasonic and pneumatic technology are done using the standard nephroscope (Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy or PCNL), mini-percutaneous nephrolithotomy (mini-perc), flexible ureteronephroscopes also called ureterorenoscopes or videoscopes, semi-rigid uretero-renoscopes. Kelina has several flexible scopes from several of the best companies in the world, including flexible nephroscope and flexible cystoscope. Kidney stones can be taken out without any wound on the body. More than half of our patients go home the same day.
· Enlarged prostate
Kelina does only minimal access (endoscopic) surgery for prostate, include bipolar TURP and laser vaporization. Recently, it acquired the most powerful laser in the world for Holmium laser enucleation of the prostate. The holmium laser is the best for prostate surgery, especially because the prostate can be removed and sent for histology to confirm that there is no cancer. Bipolar TURP is still regarded as the Gold Standard for prostate surgery.
· Prostatitis, Prostatodynia and other problems with the Prostate gland.
· Male Infertility, due to watery sperm or any other problem. The commonest cause of watery sperm is low sperm count. The commonest cause of low sperm count is varicoceles.
· Passage of blood in urine, also called hematuria.
· Painful urination, or dysuria, sometimes due to urethritis.
· Pain in the Scrotum or testis. Patients, especially young boys, need to come to the hospital as an emergency because pain could be due to torsion. If surgery is not done within a matter of minutes, the testis turns black and is damaged irreversibly.
· Intersex or problems hermaphroditism or ambiguous genitalia.
· Inability to pass urine after birth, sometimes due to posterior urethral valves.
· Kidney cancer, Bladder cancer, Cancer of the testis, scrotum or penis.
· Genital anomalies from birth, such as hypospadias or epispadias.
· Abnormalities of the urinary organs from birth, such as ectopia vesicae, where the urinary bladder is completely exposed to the outside, without any skin cover
· Pain in the flank, on the side of the ribs towards the back. This is where the kidneys are located.
· Urinary retention or failure to pass urine
· Kidney swelling as in hydronephrosis, from obstruction or some other cause, even if there is no cancer.
2. Dental Clinic
Dental and Maxillofacial surgery as well as, Orthodontics as Cosmetic Dentistry are managed in both the dental clinic and the main theatre. Kelina Hospital updates our dental facilities frequently. The dental clinic is open 8am to 8pm and all routine procedures are carried out Monday to Friday. The Dental Clinic is also open on Saturday mornings.
3. Other Surgeries
ENT Surgery (Otorhinolaryngology)
To book an appointmnet at Vedic Lifecare Hospital call 08081111121 or send an email to email@example.com
- Urologist: Male Infertility
- Urologist: Calculi (Kidney Stones)
- Urologist: Female Urology
- General Surgeon: Esophagus
- General Surgeon: Stomach
- General Surgeon: Small Intestine
- General Surgeon: Large Intestine
- General Surgeon: Liver
- General Surgeon: Pancreas
- General Surgeon: Gallbladder
- General Surgeon: Appendix
- General Surgeon: Bile Ducts
- General Surgeon: Thyroid Gland
- General Surgeon: Soft Tissue
- General Surgeon: Trauma
- Gastroenterology: Liver
- Gastroenterology: Pancreas
- Nephrologist: Acute Kidney Failure
- Nephrologist: Chronic Kidney Disease
- Nephrologist: Hematuria
- Nephrologist: Proteinuria
- Nephrologist: Kidney Stones
- Nephrologist: Hypertension
- Nephrologist: Disorders of Acid/Base or Electrolytes
- Dentist: Endodontics
- Dentist: Restorative Dentistry
- Dentist: Oral Medicine
- Dentist: Oral Surgery
- Dentist: Orthodontics
- Dentist: Pediatric Dentistry
- Dentist: Periodontics
- Dentist: Prosthodontics
- Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT): Otology and Neurotology
- Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT): Rhinology
- Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT): Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology
- Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT): Laryngology
- Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT): Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT): Free Muscle Transfer
- Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT): Free Bone Transfer
- Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT): Free Skin and Free Fat Transfer
- Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT): Microvascular Reconstruction Repair
Doctors in Kelina Hospital (1)
Not Available Today
Dr. Celsus Ukelina Undieis currentlyaconsultant urologist in charge of minimal access urological surgery including Laser Lithotripsy for Kidney Sones, Holmium Laser Enucleation of the Prostate (HoLEP), other Minimally Invasive surgeries in Kelina Hospital, 3rd Avenue, Gwarinpa, Abuja.
Univeristy of Nigeria Medical School
MBBS, Medicine · (1984 - 1990)
Fellow of the West African College of Surgeons
Former Executive Committee Member of the Nigerian Association of Urological Surgeons.
Member, Endourology Society
Member, American Urological Association
Member, the Societe Internationale d’Urologie (SIU).
Member, European Urology Association.
Minimal Access Surgery
Laser Lithotripsy for kidney stones
Holmium Laser Enucleation of the Prostate (HOLeP)
Green Light Laser Vaporization of the Prostate
· Kelina Hospital, Abuja. Consultant Urological Surgeon and Medical Director, Kelina Hospital. August 2016 - Present (6 years 4 months), Abuja
· National Hospital, Abuja, Nigeria. Consultant Urologist and Head of Urology December 2005 - July 2016 (10 years 8 months) General Urology. Head of Urology.
· St Charles Borromeo Hospital, Onitsha, Nigeria Chief Surgeon April 1999 - December 2005 (6 years 9 months) Onitsha, Nigeria
1. Male Genital Injuries Caused by Ritual Attacks in Nigeria: Problems of Management
African Journals Online
2. A Case Report of a 25 kg Extraovarian “Chocolate cyst” Attached by a Peduncle to the Uterine Fundus Int J Case Rep Images
3. Composition of Uroliths seen in Patients in Abuja, Nigeria; A Single-Centre Retrospective Analysis of 155 Stones -African Journal of Urology
4. Initial Experience with Holmium Laser Enucleation of the Prostate in a Urology Specialist Hospital in Nigeria - African Journal of Urology