- Jabi, Abuja
- Registration Fee : 5000
- Consultation Fee : 20000
Trust Charitos Hospital
Trust Charitos Hospital is a boutique multi-specialty secondary healthcare center located at Jabi in Abuja. It has well-trained medical experts, state-of-the-art modern medical equipment, well-structured building and vegetative ambiance which made it a preferred medical facility among the patients.
Improving The Quality
The merging of highly trained medical professionals who continuously undergo training and research programme puts Trust Charitos Hospital ahead of other facilities in delivering qualitative and accessible healthcare to the patients with cutting edge technology and state of the art equipment.
· To provide only the best possible medical care to our esteemed patients, with passion and enthusiasm.
· To pursue and attain innovations that transform and advance care for our patients.
· To improve quality of life in every sphere through our services, products, ideas and innovations.
· To be a trusted medical centre dedicated to rendering affordable and easily accessible healthcare to everyone.
· To contribute substantially to the healthy growth and development of society.
· To serve as a Centre of Medical Excellence where every medical need will be met and curb the menace of medical tourism abroad.
· To provide and sustain quality healthcare today and to safeguard the wellbeing of tomorrow.
Should you like to visit our facility feel free to call 08081111121 to book an appointment or send an email to email@example.com
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology: Cervical Dysplasia
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology: Menstrual Disorders
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology: Pelvic Pain
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology: Uterine Fibroids
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology: Urinary Incontinence
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology: Pregnancy
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology: Special Care Pregnancies
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology: Postpartum
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology: Peri/Post-Menopause
- Oncology: Radiation
- Oncology: Surgical
- Oncology: Medical
- Oncology: Interventional
- Oncology: Pediatric
- Oncology: Neuro
- Oncology: Hemato
- Oncology: Uro
- Oncology: Pain and Palliation
- Oncology: Breast
- Oncology: Brain
- Oncology: Head and Neck
- Oncology: Gastrointestinal
- Oncology: Gynaecological
- General Surgeon: Esophagus
- General Surgeon: Stomach
- General Surgeon: Small Intestine
- General Surgeon: Large Intestine
- General Surgeon: Liver
- General Surgeon: Pancreas
- General Surgeon: Gallbladder
- General Surgeon: Appendix
- General Surgeon: Bile Ducts
- General Surgeon: Thyroid Gland
- General Surgeon: Breast
- General Surgeon: Soft Tissue
- General Surgeon: Trauma
- General Surgeon: Hernias
- Endocrinologist: Pituitary
- Endocrinologist: Thyroid
- Endocrinologist: Adrenals
- Endocrinologist: Ovaries & Testes
- Endocrinologist: Pancreas
- Family Physician- General Medicine Adult
- Family Physician- General Medicine Pediatric
- Gastroenterology: Liver
- Gastroenterology: Pancreas
- Gastroenterology: Biliary Ducts
- Gastroenterology: Proctology
- Physiotherapist: Clinical Electrophysiology
- Physiotherapist: Geriatric
- Physiotherapist: Integumentary
- Physiotherapist: Orthopedic
- Physiotherapist: Pediatric
- Physiotherapist: Sports
- Physiotherapist: Palliative Care
- Physiotherapist: Back Pain
- Dentist: Endodontics
- Dentist: Restorative Dentistry
- Dentist: Oral Medicine
- Dentist: Oral Surgery
- Dentist: Orthodontics
- Dentist: Pediatric Dentistry
- Dentist: Periodontics
- Dentist: Prosthodontics
Doctors in Trust Charitos Hospital (1)
Iliya Karniliyus Salu24 years experience
Not Available Today
Dr. Iliya Karniliyus Salu is a senior British trained Consultant Laparoscopic, Endoscopic, Gastrointestinal, Bariatric and General surgeon.
MBBS, Ahmadu Bello University 1987
Fellow, Royal College of Surgeons of England, 1999
Fellow, West African College of Surgeons, 2012
· Laparoscopic Appendicectomy
· Diagnostic laparoscopy
· Staging laparoscopy for cancer
· Laparoscopic hernia repairs (inguinal, incisional, and all abdominal wall hernias)
· Laparoscopic colectomies
· Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
· Laparoscopic fundoplication
· Laparoscopic gastrectomy & gastric sleeve operations
· Laparoscopic hysterectomy
· Laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy
· Laparoscopic tubal ligation
· Laparoscopic myomectomy
· Laparoscopic adrenalectomy
· Endoscopic polypectomy
· Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
· Percutaneous Endoscopic Colostomy (PEC)
· Endoscopic Retrograde Cholecystopancreatography (ERCP)
· Total Colectomy
· Total/partial gastrectomy
· All forms of hernia repairs
· Laparotomy for acute abdomen
· Total/partial thyroidectomy
· Mastectomy & axillary clearance
· Sentinel lymph node biopsy
· Formation of bowel stomas (colostomy, ileostomy, conduits, etc.) & reversal of the stomas
· Varicose vein surgery
· Breast reduction, breast augmentation surgery, breast implant placement
· Limb amputations.
· Carotid endarterectomy
· Cranioventricular peritoneal shunt for hydrocephalus
· Burr-hole surgery for cranial trauma
· Chief Consultant Surgeon, Asokoro District Hospital, Abuja
· Senior Consultant Surgeon & Asokoro District Hospital, Abuja, Acting Head of Surgery Department
· Visiting Consultant Surgeon ABU Teaching Hospital, Zaria, Federal Medical Centre Abuja, National Hospital Abuja
· Medical Consultant to Federal Ministry of Health for the Training Assessments and Equipment Utilisation of All the 18 Teaching Hospitals in Nigeria.
· Consultant Colorectal Surgeon, Barts & Royal London Hospitals
· Locum Consultant Surgeon, Guy’s & St Thomas’ Hospitals, Colorectal & Laparoscopic Surgery, London, UK
· Senior Registrar (LAT) Epsom and St Heliers University, General Surgery Hospitals NHS Trust, London, UK
· Senior Clinical Fellow, Royal London Hospital. UK,
· Colorectal Surgery and Centre for Academic Surgery
· Senior Grade Surgeon, Milton Keynes General Hospital, UK, Colorectal & Breast Surgery
· Senior Registrar (LAT), Whiston Hospital, Prescot, UK, General Surgery
· Senior SHO General Surgery Bedford General Hospital, Berkshire, UK
· Senior SHO General Surgery, North Manchester General Hospital, UK
· SHO Rotation General Surgery, South Cleveland Hospital, Middlesbrough, UK
· SHO Rotation General Surgery. Whiston Hospital, Prescot. UK
· Senior Registrar, General Surgery, ABUTH, Zaria
· Registrar, General Surgery, ABUTH, Zaria
· Senior SHO General Surgery, Orthopedics & Urology ABUTH, Zaria
· National Youth Service, Medical Officer NITEL Clinic, Enugu, Anambra State
· Pre-registration Horsemanship, Specialist Hospital, Yola
1. The Surgical Management for the Elderly Cancer Patient: Indications and Limits beyond the Prejudice. I.K. Salu, A. Ray, R.A.Audisio, L. Chagla and M. Ramello. The International Critical Review Journal of Oncology and Haematology. 2002; 42:154-9
2. Obscure GI Bleeding: Causes and Management. I.K. Salu, S.Anderson, J. Irving, E. Carapeti Hospital Doctor (accepted for publication)
3. Krukenberg Tumour Arising from Adenocarcinoma of the Gastrooesophageal Junction in a 28-year Old Female Presenting as Lower Abdominal Swelling Mimicking an Inguinal Hernia: Case Report Hosam El-Din Matar, Ashraf Shawky Elmetwally, Iliya Salu, Rudi Borgstein, and Olu Oluwajobi GUT Bmj publication Group
· West African College of Surgeon conference, Banjul, The Gambia where I spoke of Safe Laparoscopic Surgery in a government district hospital, The Abuja Experience 22-26 January, 2018
· Training The Trainers Course in Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery Organized by Medtronic USA Istanbul, Turkey 22-24 May 2017
· Annual Scientific Meeting of Coloproctology Surgeons Association of Great Britain and Ireland: Du, London, July 16-18, 2012
· Annual Scientific Meeting of Coloproctology Surgeons Association of Great Britain and Ireland: Dublin, July 14-17, 2009
· Annual Scientific Meeting of Coloproctology Surgeons Association of Great Britain and Ireland: Newcastle, June 10-13, 2008.
· Hospital Resource Management Course: organized by London School of Economics in conjunction with London Health Authority 20-24 July, 2005.
· Attended the course on ‘’Advanced Management of Breast Disease’’ on 21-24 April 2005 held at The Royal College of Surgeons of England.
· Attended and passed the ‘’Advanced Laparoscopic Skills Course’’ organized for Senior Residents at The Royal College of Surgeons of England in London on 10-14 January 2005.
· Trauma Master Class Update on Pelvic Injuries organized by the Royal College of Surgeons of England in London, 23-24 May 2003.
· Current Thinking in Colorectal Cancer organized by Royal Marsden Hospital and sponsored by Astra-Zeneca Oncology 17th July,2002.
· Clinical Risk Management: The Challenges: Organized by The Royal College of Surgeons of England. 15 September 2001.
· Contemporary Issues in surgical Practice: Past, Present and Future. Organized by the Royal College of Surgeons of England. 21--23 June 2001.
· Laparoscopic Skills Course for Beginners. Organized by the Department of Surgery, James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough. 23-26 April 2000.
· Attended and passed the ATLS Course at Hope Hospital, Manchester. 1-3 November 1999.
· Minimal Access Surgical Techniques Update. Organized by The Royal College of Surgeons of England. 5-8 July 1999.
· Basic Surgical Skills Course at North Manchester General Hospital. Organized under the auspices of The Royal College of Surgeons of England. 18-25 August 1997.
· Attended the ALS Course at Accident and Emergency Department, Middlesbrough General Hospital, Middlesbrough. 10-13 August 1996.
· Attended the Written Papers Revision Course for the FRCS Final Examinations of The Royal College of Surgeons of England. 15-19 April 1996.
· Obscure Gastrointestinal Bleeding: Causes and Management present at the Annual Scientific Meeting of Coloproctology Surgeons Association of Great Britain and Ireland: Newcastle, June 10-13, 2008.
· Acute Pancreatitis: Causes and Current Management. Presented at the London BMA Scientific Conference, London, July 8, 2007.
· Management of Inflammatory Bowel Disease in a designated IBD Tertiary Centre, Is it way forward? Presented at the South London Health Authority Scientific Meeting, February 9, 2007.
· Clinical Audit in a Tertiary Hospital: Does it change practice? Hospital Presentation at the surgical audit meeting, November 10, 2006.
· Management of High Output Fistulas in Elderly Patients: Causes and Flaws: Presented at the Surgical Meeting of Fellows, Royal College of Surgeons of England, London, April 24, 2005.
· Open Vs Laparoscopic Appendicectomy: Cost benefit Vs Complications: Presented at the Surgical Meeting of Fellows, Royal College of Surgeons of England, London, April 24, 2005.
· Poster Presentation on Ulcerative Colitis: Presented at the Surgical Meeting of Fellows, Royal College of Surgeons of England, London, April 17, 2004.
· Appendix carcinoid tumor presenting as right inguinoscrotal hernia in an elderly patient. Presented at the Hospital Surgical Meeting, North Middlesex University Hospital, London on June 20, 2003.
· Open Vs Closed Vacuum Dressing in complete abdominal wound dehiscence: Hospital surgical audit: Presented at Surgical meeting of the Academic Centre for Surgery, Royal London Hospital, January 2006.
· Barrett’s Esophagitis in a Child: Rare Presentation. Presented as a case report at Hospital Surgical Meeting of Princess Alexandra, Harlow, October 20, 2007.
· Learning Curve in Endoscopic Surgery, Presented at the Endoscopic Surgical Meeting of London Endoscopic Surgical Society, June 2009.
· Ischemic Colitis in the Elderly: Diagnostic Dilemma, Presented at The Annual Scientific Meeting of Coloproctologists, Dublin, Ireland July 15, 2009.
· Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Management of Early Breast Cancer: Methods and Results. Presented at the North London Cancer Group Meeting, June 10, 2004.
· Enhanced Recovery Programs : Benefits and Risks. Presented at the Hospital IBD Group Meeting of South London Surgical Meeting, May 18, 2010.
· Surgical Risk Assessment in the Surgical Elderly patient: What Role for the Surgeon? Presented at the Anesthetic Association Meeting of the Royal College of Anesthetists in London, July 8, 2008.
· Radiation Colitis and Enteritis: Diagnosis and Management. Presented at the Senior Residents Surgical Meeting, Manchester, March 14, 2006.
· Lead Surgeon for Minimal Access Surgery Asokoro District Hospital, Abuja
· Head of Department of Accident and Emergency, Asokoro District Hospital, Abuja
· Audit coordinator for Royal London Hospitals NHS Trust.
· Member Hospital Risk Management Committee: Royal London Hospital March 2005- May 2006.
· Member, Theatre Users Committee, Guy’s & ST Thomas’ Hospitals NHS Trust, July 2008 to 2012.
· Multidisciplinary meeting coordinator for Colorectal cancer network for Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow, Essex.
· Participating in surgical Audit and presentations.
· Consultant Trainer in Minimal Access Surgery (Laparoscopic Surgery) for various Teaching Hospitals in Nigeria
· Assistant Clinical tutor for General and Laparoscopic Surgery for North Thames Region.
· Audit coordinator for Royal London Hospitals NHS Trust.
· Multidisciplinary meeting coordinator for Colorectal cancer network for Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow, Essex
· Anatomy demonstration tutor for medical students of the Ahmadu Bello University College of Medicine, Zaria, Nigeria. February 1990 to April 1994.
· Teaching consultants, registrars in surgery, medical officers, medical students, pre-registration house officers and senior house officers.