What is Root Canal Surgery?
A root canal is a dental procedure that has to do the removal of the soft center of the tooth known as the pulp. The pulp is consist of nerves, connective tissue, and blood vessels that assist the tooth to grow.
In a lot of cases, a general dentist or endodontist will carry out a root canal while you’re under local anesthesia.
What are the causes of Root Canal?
A root canal is when dental X-rays reveal that a bacterial infection has harmed the pulp.
The crown of the tooth — the place you can see above your gums — can remain intact even if the pulp is dead. Removing injured or infected pulp is the best option if you want to to preserve the structure of the tooth.
Diagnosis for Root Canal
- Persistent tooth sensitivity, particularly to heat or cold
- Acute discomfort during eating or biting
- Your gums are inflamed.
- Teeth with cracks or chips
- Uncomfortable or swollen gums
- Darkened gums or severe rotting
Root Canal Treatment in Nigeria
How to Prevent Root Canal?
- Each day, brush twice.
- Avoid chewy foods like lollipops and hard candies.
- Retrench from the ice!
- At night, wear a mouth guard.
- When playing sports, wear a mouth guard.
- Steer clear of acidic foods and beverages like soda and citrus juices.
- Have routine cleanings and exams for your teeth.
What is the cost of root canal surgery in Nigeria?
Root canal surgery cost depends on a variety of factors such as;
1. Condition of the patient
2. Location of the hospital
3. Duration of stay at the hospital
4. After care packages
Contact us for more information by calling on 08081111121 or sending an email to email@example.com
How long is recovery from root canal? Root canal recuperation often takes less than a week. A few days of minor discomfort is possible, although this can be treated with medicine.