Ugwu Ikechukwu30 years experience
About Dr. Ugwu Ikechukwu
Dr. Ugwu Ikechukwu Odo holds an MB,BS degree from the University of Nigeria. He also holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Family Medicine from the National Post Graduate Medical College of Nigeria as well as a Masters degree in Business Administration and Masters of Science in Healthcare Management from the University of Port Harcourt Business School.
He received several levels of training from the Saint Gregory’s Ultrasound Institute in Ibadan, Nigeria that accorded him the Makarso Accreditation in Ultrasonography.
Dr. Odo is a private investor in hospital and allied Healthcare Services. He owns and operates Meridian Hospitals Limited as its Group Medical Director. He also owns and operates Pyramids Diagnostic Services Limited as its Chairman/CEO. He is the Chairman/CEO Pyramid Integrated Services Limited. Dr Odo is the International President of Pilgrims Africa Health Foundation, a Nongovernmental Organization committed to health support campaigns in Nigeria through free medical missions, human capital development and social advocacy.
He has numerous publications on Health and related contemporary leadership issues including:
· The Dangers That We Face: Being A Prism Perspective Of The Plight Of The Nigerian Doctor In Nigeria.
· Group Practice Among Nigerian Doctors: An Elusive Master Key.
· Managed Care: Strengthening Hospital Practice Through The Understanding Of Health Insurance Financing Model.
· Remaking The Nigerian Doctor And Rebuilding Our Health Sector: The Role Of The Private Doctor.
· Medical Entrepreneurship In Nigeria.
· Medical Tourism And Investment Options In Nigeria’s Healthcare System: The Role Of The Nigerian Medical Association And Other Stakeholders.
· Self Leadership.
· Redefining Excellence In Patient Care.
· The Private Health Sector In Nigeria: Surviving The Odds Of A Deprived Economy.
· Family Physicians: The Ideal Leaders And Managers In Healthcare Systems.
Dr. Odo is the National President of the Association of General and Private Medical Practitioners of Nigeria (AGPMPN). This is the umbrella body of Nigerian doctors in private practice. It is the largest organization of doctors in Nigeria as an affiliate of the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA), and Full Member of the World Organization of Family Doctors.
· World Ambassador for Peace, United Nations POLAC;
· Doctor of Science Honoris Causa, Commonwealth University;
· The African Leadership Excellence Award in Medicine, London, 2018;
· Nigerian Medical Association, Rivers State Roll of Honours Award;
· Distinguished Medical Practitioner (DMP), AGPMPN; T
· he Nelson Mandela Life Achievers Merit Award;
· Ahmadu Bello Platinum Leadership Award;
· International Project Excellence Award by the American Project Management Professionals;
· Icon of Medical Renaissance by ECOWAS Youth Council, etc.
Experience : 30 Years
Department : Family Physician
Specialist : Family Physician- General Medicine Adult , Family Physician- General Medicine Pediatric
Location : Portharcourt
Feedbacks for Dr. Ugwu Ikechukwu